HANGING LIGHT BY A. F. GANGKOFNER FOR ERCO W. GERMANY
Original pendant light from the early 70s, produced in the former West Germany by the Erco label. Here is model 2107, which features a spherical screen made of high-density translucent cellulose acetate. It is a version of the designs that Aloys Ferdinand Gangkofner (1920 - 2003) drew up for the brand itself, in the 50s, a master glassmaker who, upon his inclusion in the world of lighting, began to experiment with plastic, in order to to emulate the sophisticated lampshades carved in glass (in order to lighten their excessive weight), the one that they contemplate here exemplifies that achievement.
The lamp is in very good condition, with minimal signs of use. Restored and fully functional electrical part (being suitable for both led or filament bulbs) uses an E27 thread bulb, max. 100W. (if it is filament or its equivalent led for that power).
And remember: without a doubt a lamp that looks both on and off ;)
H: 30 cm D: 37 cm